Saturday 10 August 2013

My adventures in London

This past week I went to London for a few days with my mum and dad. We went specifically at this time because I booked tickets to see the Tempest which you can read all about here. Instead of just going up for the show we decided we would take a mini break and spend a few days doing some other things.

Tuesday 6th August.
We basically spent most of the day in the car driving up and stopping at the services. We got to London around 5:30 and we went to our hotel to freshen up and go out. I saw the Mousetrap at the St Martins Theatre which was really good: surprisingly good actually. I don't really know what I  was expecting but either way it was very entertaining which is my main need for a theatre production. If you ever have time I'd recommend going and having a look, its celebrating its 60th anniversary and is the longest running west end production!

Wednesday 7th August. 
Probably a day that will be forever imprinted on my brain. In the morning we went to M&M world and Kings Cross Station to go to Platform 9 and 3/4, had a little bit of lunch, although I couldn't really eat much because I was too excited. Then at about 12 we made our way to the Shakespeare's Globe. We queued up for a while then we got let in and well the rest you can read here because it has its own blog post already because it was honestly one of the best days I ever had. Its also dangerous for my friends and family because if they thought I was annoying going on about Colin Morgan before well then they are in for a nasty shock!

Thursday 8th August. 
We went to the zoo on this day, ZSL zoo. It was fairly good but to be honest compared to the day before it certainly lacked a certain Colin Morgan shaped hole. I do remember zoo's being absolutely amazing when I was younger but they seem to have lost its zing for me now I'm slightly older, which is sad. The best zoo/safari park I've been to is Longleat so its pretty hard to get something as good as that. I did however, buy a giraffe toy which I named Gregory and I had probably the best milkshake I've ever had in my life. My mum and I also went shopping in Oxford Street and all places like that, so it was a pretty fun day.

Friday 9th August.
We went to The Warner Brother's Studio tour again for the second time (if you want to see pictures from the first time click here). It was amazing and I think I probably spent my life savings in the shop (no changes there then). Honestly you put me in a Harry Potter shop and I am possessed woman. After the Studios we drove home which took bloody ages.
So all in all I had an amazing few days, but I'm not sure I'd want to live in London because its too fast paced for me and it gets a bit claustrophobic with all the people on tubes and in the streets. I'm not a person with lots of patience so you can see how this would annoy me.

No comments:

Post a Comment