Friday 4 July 2014

A-Z Bookish Survey

*This post was originally created by Jamie, click here to see *

Author you’ve read the most books from:

Rick Riordan or JK Rowling (both with 10 books each) 

Best Sequel Ever:

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas! Such an incredible series and I cannot wait for Heir of fire!!

Currently Reading:

Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare! (and loving it)

Drink of Choice While Reading:

I don't have a particular beverage when I'm reading, I'll only really drink if I'm thirsty but my favourite drinks are Diet Coke and a good old glass of water

E-reader or Physical Book?

Definitely a physical book, but e-books are really handy for reading in school and on holiday, PLUS they are also usually a lot cheaper and so I tend to buy books that I am unsure if I really want to read in e-book first and if I really enjoy then I will get the physical copy.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

I think probably Jem Carstairs from the Infernal Devices as he is just so nice, strong despite his illness, loyal and has a brilliant sense of humor. Well actually I wouldn't be too picky with him or Will Herondale to be honest!

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Hidden Gem Book:

Trouble by Non Pratt

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Reading the Harry Potter series by myself for the first time

Just Finished:

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

To be honest I read most things but I am less likely to pick up a really scary horror book as I cant stop myself from imagining things, especially because I mostly read before I go to bed and I wouldn't be able to handle the nightmares, haha. Also I am not a fan of erotica like Fifty Shades of Grey.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Game of Thrones (801 pages) Although once I finally finish (well get around to starting) A Clash of Kings then that will take the lead.

Major book hangover because of:

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead and obviously The Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling (because it was the end of my childhood!!)

Number of Bookcases You Own:

I own two large one and a slightly smaller one but I need to buy another because I have run out of space. I also have a bookshelf with DVDs but I don't think that counts, haha.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

The Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling (and the whole series)

Preferred Place To Read:

In my bedroom or when I'm home alone on the sofa 

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one."- George R R Martin

Reading Regret:

I'm not really sure, I guess my biggest regret is just buying books a year or so ago just because they were super cheap even though I had no intention of reading. Luckily enough I have gotten rid of a large amount of books and now have books that I am actually excited about.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

I don't have many series that all the books have come out as I tend to keep up with that but as for trilogies, The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo and the Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

(URGH just three?? Okay I'll whittle it down to books I've read this year instead) Percy Jackson and The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan, Crown of Midnight by Sarah J Maas and Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. 

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Harry Potter, no need to expand, it is life.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Heir Of Fire by Sarah J Maas, oH MY GOD I NEED THIS BOOK NOW!!!

Worst Bookish Habit:

My worst bookish habit is that I am the pickiest book owner ever, people are actually scared to borrow books from me because they know I die a little if a) the spine breaks or b)the pages are dog eared. Haha, no but honestly I am the worst kind of owner in that I am so protective.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. I am really excited for this, I got it for my birthday and I cant wait to start it.

Your latest book purchase:

The bind up of the first two books in the Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout, I'm so excited to read these as I have heard such great things!!

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, it literally took me a day and a half to read this monster of a book it was crazy.

So that is my A-Z bookish survey, I realise that my answers maybe slightly repetitive but I tried!

No comments:

Post a Comment