Thursday 16 May 2013

Walking in history

I recently reblogged a photo set on Tumblr; its not something I usually reblog because the majority of my blog is filled with Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Merlin and other fandom related things, but occasionally I come across something that is just too amazing to not reblog: this was one of those things.





 This is something remarkable and yet so completely obvious. The fact that the earth has been here for billions of years, maybe longer and the struggles and triumphs that have gone on long before we were born, sometimes go forgotten in our day-to-day lives. This photo set really signifies that everywhere where we go we are walking on something that has played a part in history: big or small, famous or not famous. Something remarkable has happened in every single step that we take. It does blow my mind to think about how completely different life was before I was born, the World Wars, The Great Depression, Holocaust, The countless Olympics and so on and so forth. But what's even more amazing is to think that in maybe fifty or even one hundred years other humans will be having the exact same thoughts as what is going through my mind right now and that to me is amazing. It just proves that you don't necessarily have to even leave your town for there to be history to find or to think about what could have happened here on this very same day hundreds of years ago.

Another thing I found on my dashboard is something not entirely related but made me smile none the less. This post will direct you to a video CLICK HERE in which a grandson has put a very bashed up photo of his grandfather online and with the help of those with Photoshop skills they managed to completely transform the image. This just goes to show that a small bit of kindness can really make a difference in someone's life.

If you want to follow me on tumblr click here

No comments:

Post a Comment