Friday 3 May 2013

New books!

I can only apologise for completely abandoning my blog this past week (reasons for why here) but unless you wanted a rant and worry over my knowing absolutely nothing about either biology, chemistry or physics and my exams are only 11, 17 and 20 days away respectively then I'm sure you will thank me for staying off the blog. Also revising for several hours after a long and arduous day at school completely drains your inspiration for decent blog posts, oh the setbacks of teenage life.

Anyway enough about mundane life; I thought I would share with you a few book purchases I have made in the past few weeks. Although I can't read them yet because of lack of time, they are definitely motivating me and yes, making me very excited to finish my exams so I can read without feeling guilty about not revising.

City of Fallen Angels and City of Lost Souls
Cassandra Clare
Oh so excited to read these after reading the other books in the series it seems almost nasty that I have to hold off from finding out what happens next. I am slightly dubious to how and why Clare has written two other books (and I'm told there is a sixth book on the way) when the third book- City of Glass, finished nicely... I suppose I can expect character death as this doesn't seem like the type of series that is going to let me off lightly and happily. 

Quiet
Susan Cain
I picked this book up on a whim along with the book underneath in Waterstones because they were buy one get one half price and when it comes to books I can't resist a deal like that. It seems like an extremely interesting book which I am sure will have plenty of mystery about it; the thing that attracted me most was the cover; it is completely white even the title which implies simplicity which excites me very much (although I couldn't find a decent picture on the internet). I like the idea of introverts, like myself, not always getting ignored because we aren't the ones who are the centre of attention, which is what this books seems to be about. 

The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry 
Rachel Joyce
As I mentioned above I got this in Waterstones, it was in the section where they have the best sellers which if you are stuck for what book to read next, or if you're like me and just like seeing what everyone else is reading then have a look in this section first. This book is very strange and it immediately made me want to read it. It seems like a very dystopian theme in a normal world (if that makes any sense). I am sure that this book will keep me on my toes and enthralled throughout: at least I very much hope so. 

Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Angel
Cassandra Clare
I chose these books because of the author, I thought seeing as I am enjoying the Mortal Instruments series I would try out her other series the Infernal Devices. They follow the same type of theme by the looks of it except it is set in London and in a very different time period. I really hope that these books are as good, if not better, as the Mortal Instruments and I will be just as excited with the characters as I am now.

So for now I have to have them sitting in my bookcase mocking me as I revising completely pointless and irrelevant things that will never help or affect me in life! Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment