Thursday 17 January 2013

New books make me happy


Nothing makes Emma a happier camper than getting new books; here are a few of the recent ones that I have brought.



My kindle is on the top because I purchased The Life of Pi - Yann Martel on there for a bargain price of 20p! I'm really hoping that it meets up to the hype.
The most recent purchase was The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness, which is a part of a trilogy called Chaos Walking, I really, really hope this book is good as I've wanted to read it for absolutely ages.
Next, is the incredibly hyped about The Fault in Our Stars - John Green I have actually read this already so expect a full review on it soon! Click here to read my thoughts!
A random purchase is Fated - Alyson Noel I have no idea what it's going to be like as I have never heard of the author or the book before but it looks like a really interesting story.
This was a spur of the moment buy Night School - C J Daughtery and I'm not sure I'm entirely happy that I got it because after reading the first two chapters I can tell it’s going to be written in a way that adults who really have no clue what teenagers talk like write a book trying to relate to us, even though, I will give it the benefit of the doubt before casting my final judgement.
I actually have the first in the quartet of these books but I've not quite finished it, but I am really enjoying it so I have already brought the second one called Pretties - Scott Westerfeld, I hope it's as good as the first one!
Finally, this last book is not even mine, I have borrowed it from my friend Molly but it is the McFly - Unsaid Things... Our Story, I'm only about a quarter of the way through it but I love McFly so if you are a fan then this is the perfect book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment