Saturday 1 June 2013

The 32 book summer challenge

Its no surprise that I love to read and seeing as I have an abnormally long summer this year because of leaving early to do exams, I'll have a lot of spare time. Although 32 books may not seem a lot, many of the books I have chosen are part of a series that I may get hooked into and so therefore this number could expand; I also didn't want to have to many because my mum tells me off enough as it is for spending too much money buying books and I want to enjoy my summer as much a possible by going out as much as I can and believe me if I have a book the likelihood is is that I'd rather read my book and I end up missing out. So here is the list of books I hope to read, I will read them as and when I want and in whatever order.

  1. The great Gatsby- F Scott Fitzgerald 
  2. To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
  3. The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fray- Rachel Joyce
  4. Quiet- Susan Cain
  5. Fated- Alyson Noel
  6. Game of Thrones- George R R Martin 
  7. The Bling Ring- Nancy Jo Sales
  8. Beautiful Creatures- Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia
  9. Lord of the Rings- J R R Tolkien 
  10. City of Fallen Angels- Cassandre Clare
  11. City of Lost Souls- Cassandre Clare
  12. Catcher in the Rye- J D Salinger
  13. Little Women- Lousia May Alcott
  14. Gone Girl- Gillian Flynn
  15. The Secret Keeper- Kate Morton
  16. Enchantress- James Maxwell
  17. Gone- Michael Grant
  18. The Travel Bug- Sheila Norton
  19. Bridget Jones' Diary- Helen Fielding 
  20. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy- Douglas Adams
  21. Call the Midwife- Jennifer Worth
  22. Never Haunt a Historian- Edie Claire
  23. The Perpetual Astonishment of Jonathon Fairfax- Christopher Shelvin
  24. Where'd You Go, Bernadette- Maria Semple
  25. Ender's Game- Orson Scott Card
  26. Switched- Amanda Hocking
  27. Paper Towns- John Green
  28. The Mazer Runner- James Dashner
  29. The Book Thief- Markus Zusak
  30. Matched- Ally Condie
  31. It's Kind of a Funny Story- Ned Vizzini 
  32. Night School- C J Daughtery 
*I may include books as the summer goes on.* I'm going to say that I will start today, reading Bridget Jones' Diary and my summer finishes 2nd September. As I finish each book I will come back and cross it off the list; I will also post reviews of all the books that I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment